Main Grape Varieties
This is a culinary tour that will focus on the unique character and flavors of Sicily. The amazing cuisine of Sicily is drawn from using exceptional Italian ingredients from, but also includes a history of many cultures like Greek, Arab, North African and the Middle East. The food includes lots of fish and seafood, however, Agnello lamb and pork from the Madoine mountains are also an incredible find here. The North coast of Sicily also offers wonderful sheep’s cheeses that will tempt you. You will be exposed to the local vegetables that often grace the popular pasta dishes and learn of the herbs, beans, and nuts that are grown here as well. Finally, an introduction to the Tasca and Etna wines will bring you a better understanding and appreciation of the unique wine production of Sicilian wines.
- Taste and learn of Tasca and Etna wines
- Cooking classes from local chefs to discover the flavors of Sicily once of which features a Michelin star chef
- Discover the Favara Farm Cultural Park and modern Art Exhibition
- Mount Etna exploration of Europe’s highest active volcano
Day 2 – Regaleali
Day 3 – Agrigento
Day 4 – Favara
Day 5 – Taormina
Day 6 – Taormina
Day 7 – Mount Etna
Day 8 – Depart
- Extra days to further explore the Etna wines and learn about the lesser-known indigenous varieties that are produced in this region.
- Take the Etna Wine Train, to discover local wineries. Travel aboard the Circumetnea Railway, which runs along the slopes of Etna, and along the way, you will be able to view the Nebrodi mountains.